Michael A. Morgan
San Antonio, Texas
Office: (210) 679-1430
Cell: (210) 326-9138
Fax: (210) 319-4383
Mr. Morgan is a founding partner of Morgan & Cumbas. Mr. Morgan’s practice areas include immigration, personal injury, and criminal defense. When asked about the seemingly divergent nature of these practice areas, Mr. Morgan replies, “The common denominator is size. I’m driven to work even harder when I’m in a David and Goliath battle.”
Events in his adolescence ignited a passion to represent victims of injustice – chiefly, witnessing the September 11th attack on New York from nearby a suburb. Mr. Morgan recalls, “For years, my father passed through the World Trade Center every day on his way to work. I first learned of the attack when my mother relayed a message from my father confirming that he was safe. Notwithstanding my family’s blessing, thousands of innocent families were fractured that day. I wanted to give a voice for the mute.”
As fate would have it, Mr. Morgan would eventually channel his vision, education, and training to serve the source of his inspiration. He had the opportunity to fulfill such service following the passage of the 911 Victim Compensation Fund.
Since founding Morgan & Cumbas, Mr. Morgan has fought for hundreds of individuals in a wide variety of areas including: deportation proceedings; motions to reopen; appeals; auto accidents; commercial vehicle accidents; and felony charges. Mr. Morgan has appeared before immigration courts in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Washington to represent individuals in proceedings before the Executive Office for Immigration Review.
Mr. Morgan has successfully litigated I-589 Applications for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal for individuals from a variety of nations including: Cameroon; Democratic Republic of Congo; Guatemala; Guinea; Honduras; and Mexico. He has also successfully litigated a variety of 42A Applications for Cancellation of Removal for Certain Permanent Residents for individuals with prior convictions for serious drug-related offenses. With the support of the Morgan & Cumbas legal team, Mr. Morgan is both proud and humbled by each opportunity to step into the courtroom.
- Juris Doctorate (JD), Baylor University School of Law
- Master in Business Administration (MBA), Baylor University
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), University of Alabama – Cum Laude
- Universidad de Alcala – Madrid, Spain
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
Awards and Accolades
- Top 40 Under 40 – The National Advocates (2018)
- Top 100 Lawyers – The National Advocates (2017)
- 10 Best Immigration Attorney Texas – American Institute of Legal Counsel (2017)
- Dean’s Scholarship – Baylor Business School
- Dean’s Scholarship – Baylor Law School
- Presidential Scholarship – University of Alabama
- National Hispanic Scholar
We are prepared to devote personal attention to your case.
Contact Morgan & Cumbas at (210) 679-1430 for immediate action.